Hi crafty friends and welcome back. Today’s card making share is Woodland Whimsy Snow Bunny.
This card came about whilst I was cleaning my worktables from making all the Christmas cards. You know how that is, you have good intentions on cleaning, then you find a few pieces and the light bulb goes on, and you have to sit down and make a card…or two, haha. So, here’s the first one. (And yes, my work station is still a mess).
WHY Woodland Whimsy Snow Bunny? We have really big Jack Rabbits up here that hop down the streets in the winter. They can be hard to see as they are a very light gray and blend in with the snow, but they have HUGE ears and really long legs, and are very fun to watch. They also nibble on the exposed foliage and eat the carrot noses from everyone’s snowmen haha. So that’s where the card idea came from.
- That Shimmer Snowflake cut out card front is left over from the cards I made here for the Simon Says STamp DieCember Release.
- The Pink background is Distress oxides blended, left over from this card with the cute owls.
- I’m transitioning away from Christmas cards, so I used the Woodland Whimsy Stamp set from the November Simon Says Stamp Card Kit. I colored the trees and the bunny with my Gray Copics, C1, C2, C3, C6.
Everything is cut out with the trees sandwiched between the card base and snowflake card front to create a little peek a boo window into the woods. The bunny is added with Foam tape to add a bit more dimension to the card.
- Before attaching the bunny, I stamped a few of the branches from the stamp set and gave them a quick color with green and pink Copics,
- Next, I white heat embossed a few of the smaller snowflakes from the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set on that pretty sky and added a bit of white splatter.
- Finally, I popped the card front back into my Misti to stamp the sentiment (because it helps me to stamp the sentiments straight).
There you go, a little dumpster diving in my scrap pile and Viola a Woodland Whimsy Snow Bunny Card. I’m going to save it as a Valentine’s card for my sweet hubby Ian.
Both the stamp sets I used are from recent Simon Says Stamp card kits which are sold out, but check the links below, you can buy the stamp set separately.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project.
You can order your crafting supplies online through the product list I have provided below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
- Follow me on INSTAGRAM
- Join 35,000+ following me on PINTEREST
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Check out my FREE PDF Gallery for over 200+ Card Tutorials
Amy Koenders says
So sweet! Love your little bunny, great colors too! 🙂
thanks Amy, I’m quite in love with this little guy myself, haha