Hi there crafty friends. Today’s share is two cards created with the Spellbinders October Large Die of the Month for today’s blog hop.
Giveaway: To celebrate this release, Spellbinders is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments on our blog hop. Giveaway closes on Sunday Oct 18th at 11:59 PM, EDT. Winners will be announced in the blog hop post the following Tuesday. The winner is responsible for shipping costs, duties and taxes.
Second Giveaway: Be sure to leave a comment here on my blog as well as Spellbinders has given me an additional $25.00 Gift Certificate to give away. The winner will be announced here on my blog Sunday Oct 18th.
Third Giveaway: I have a extra Large Die of the Month this month, so I will also be choosing a name from comments left on this blog post and will also announce the winner in my blog post on Sunday Oct 18th.
Spellbinders fabulous Club Kits arrived the other day and I seriously couldn’t wait to play. This Large Die of the Month Kit is just fabulous and could be decorated for any season or occasion, for instance – HALLOWEEN
The main die cuts this very cool door THAT OPENS. In addition, there are dies that create the pillars, roof and step as the main elements and a bunch of embellishment dies.
Spellbinders October Large Die Cut of the Month – Halloween Card:
- Cut all the pieces from white card and use Distress Oxide Inks to add the color.
- Mask off the door and blend with Black Soot.
- Next, the pillars, step and roof are done in Wilted Violet and glued around the door.
- The card base is done in Peeled Paint and a bit of Black Soot.
- Additionally, Peeled Paint is used for the wreath and after all the skulls are attached, place a black rhinestone in between each one
- For some fun embellishments, try The Halloween Sunday Drive dies. The bats, the skulls for the wreath on the door, and the skeleton climbing out the mail slot in the door, LOL…don’t you hate it when the zombies escape, haha.
- Silver Mirror card is used for the mail slot, door knob, and strapping on the pillars.
- Holiday cards are the thing right now so I designed this one with a Teal front door.
- Similarly, cut the pillars, roof and step in white, the card base is gray and the door is teal.
- Finally, use your scrap bin for the rest of the pieces, Oatmeal Cookie and black for the mat, green and red for the wreath and letter in the slot, and white for the snowflakes.
This could also be a “welcome to your new home” card.
Open the door to find a secret sentiment inside. Yana’s Christmas Sentiments glimmer foiled in Silver is the perfect one here.
This die set is super easy to put together as Yana shows you in this quick video:
Want more Spellbinder’s Ideas? – There are more on my blog here
Small Die of the Month Club Give Away Winner:
Random Org. picked #6 and that’s Gina Goodling. Gina Shoot me an e-mail and I will get your die set out to you girl, and thanks for visiting.
used for the Spellbinders October Large Die of the Month cards:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
Spellbinders also has a NEW Clearance Sale on with up to 70% discounts VISIT SPELLBINDERS