Unity Stamp Company has a new release today – and it’s on sale! When I saw this A Girl and her Friend stamp I knew I had to watercolor it. There is nothing more relaxing than taking your little buddy for a walk on a crisp fall day. Of course I have two, who drag me along, but it’s still fun, haha. They get so excited for new smells and meeting new people and Lucy is totally into bird poop!…don’t ask me why, but she is fascinated by it, LOL
This is such a beautiful image and I really enjoyed watercoloring it. While I painted mine in fall colors, you could also create a pretty winter picture with it in blues and grays too. Perhaps spring with the tender greens and soft blue skies.
Details for the A Girl and Her Friend card:
- Stamp the image in waterproof ink onto watercolor paper.
- I used Gansai Tambi watercolors and added prismacolor pencils for a tiny bit of highlight.
- Gansai Tambi Colors Used:
- Coat: #57, Dog: #46, Boots: #35, Hair: #47, Ground and sky, #54, #43, #44. Obviously, I omitted the green from the sky and kept it in mostly light yellow.
- Once the image was completely dry, I went back in with Prismacolor pencils and added just a bit of highlight:
- #927 light peach #905 Arquie Marine #930 Magenta #933 Blue Violet #943 Burnt Ochre #916 Canary Yellow
Once the piece was completely dry, I cut it down to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8″ I used super strong adhesive to attach it to a mat in Simon Says Stamp Sunshine measuring 4 x 5-1/4″.
Then, a A2 top folding card base in Neenah Desert Storm. You want to use really strong adhesive for this step so that your watercolor panel will lay flat for a smooth finish to your card.
Before mounting it to the card base, I did sponge a bit of walnut Distress Oxide ink around the edges of the Neenah Desert Storm base.
used for the Unity Stamp co A Girl and her Friend:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here