Hi cardmaking friends and welcome back. Today I’m sharing Simon Says Stamp Floral Mix Background. It’s a stamp I purchased a bit ago and haven’t really played with much.
First, my apologies for being AWOL for a few days….TAXES, ugggg, we have to do taxes in both countries. It’s a pile extra work and I just had to keep my head down and get it done.
ANYWAY! – I was cleaning up my stamp room and putting away my Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens and some of Simon’s Mint card stock and I stopped and thought – hey, I wonder how these work on colored card? Have you ever had one of those thoughts? They come into my head way too often, haha and usually sidetrack me.
Well here’s the answer – they work great. If you have not tried Simon’s card stock yet, I definitely recommend it. It’s lovely and thick in beautiful colors.
Here’s some Tips on coloring the Simon Says Stamp Floral Mix Background on colored card.
- The process started by White Heat Embossing the image onto a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Simon Mint card. I love the stitched details in the design and thought embossing would be a great way to POP those details.
- Next, I added color directly with the Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens in Aqua Splash, Aqua Splash and Lemon Zest. You know me and blues and greens, but they go so well with the Mint card too.
- For the background, I did one layer flat coloring, I didn’t move the ink around much and lightly blended with water in a water brush.
- I don’t think you want to mess with it too much as the card stock will eventually start to pill. I didn’t really have to, the ink comes out of these pens very evenly.
- Once the panel was dry, I used My SSS A2 Thin Frame dies to add that beautiful white inlaid frame. Two die cuts with these awesome dies and you get that beautiful framed result.
I had another motive for this card as well, haha. There is a MISTI Challenge over on SplitcoastStampers this month for Easter cards. With that holiday fast approaching, it was perfect timing. You can check it out and play along too – I LOVE the challenges over there and the members are so nice.
Ok, back to the Simon Says Stamp Floral Mix Background card.
The card needed an overlay, and I had purchased the coordinating stamp set “Even More Spring Flowers” so I stamped a flower and leaf image also on Mint and heat embossed it as well.
- The flower was colored with the Turquoise ink, and then the Lemon Zest to add some highlights.
- I blended that a bit with my water brush and I’m happy to say, the paper still didn’t pill.
- For the leaves, I did them in two layers of yellow only.
- There are coordinating dies to go along with this set, making short work of cutting them out.
- The sentiment is die cut with the Bunny Kisses die from Simon, the die actually says “Bunny Kisses and Easter Wishes” but it’s really easy to cut apart so you can use both or single.
- It was die cut three times and layered before attaching to the card.
- I added the overlays with Foam Tape for a bit of height and then a sentiment from the CZ Designs Sentiment Strips to finish it off.
These sentiment strips are in packages of 4 cards.
White print on black background (or others black printed on white) and you just cut them apart with your paper trimmer. Each package has a theme and honesty, they are so quick and easy to use, I may never white heat emboss a sentiment again, haha…plus at $4.00 a package, way cheaper than a sentiment stamp set!
Before I go, don’t forget to check out all the sales going on over on my Crafty Sales Page.…Especially CONCORD and 9th, who are having an amazing WAREHOUSE Blow out sale. Great time to stock up on product at greatly reduced prices and lots of fun new roll outs this week too…..My Favorite Things has NEW product starting at 10 this morning.
and you can earn free stuff just for shopping the sale too:
used for the Simon Says Stamp Floral Mix Background Card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
My Newest Video Series – Distress Oxides – Color Combos and Cards
– LOTS of great sales going on this week – Check them out here