Hi cardmaking friends. Happy New Years Eve. I think most of us are quite ready to say goodbye to 2020. I thought I would sneak in one more card before we boot this year out the door. This Simon Says Stamp Hexagon Tiles card reminds me of quilting and it’s such a fun and easy die set to play with.
and speaking of dies, you have 2 more days to take advantage of the Simon Says Stamp Brand Dies – 30% OFF Sale, includes the ones I am using here today:
This 3 piece die set is absolutely perfect for cleaning out your scrap bin. I also think it creates “quilt looking” cards for your crafty quilting friends too.
You could also use the solid hex die to create a honeycomb for a bee themed card as well.
There are three dies in the set,
- a solid image for solid hex’s, or to build the pieced ones on top of.
- The 4 piece hex, and the 6 piece hex.
So depending on how many colors you wish to incorporate, or how much patience you have, haha, you have choices.
I used the 6 piece in this card and I have a couple of tips for you.
Tips for constructing with the Simon Says Stamp Hexagon Tiles
- Cut the solid hex’s out of the same colors of card stock you are using on top
- Cut all the rest of the colors and line them up on your work surface before gluing. This ensured you don’t have to stop and cut more.
- Use a small amount white glue because it gives you a few seconds to move the pieces around and get them lined up perfectly.
For this first Simon Says Stamp Hexagon Tiles card I decided to stay with cool color tones from dumpster diving in my scrap bin. They are all from Simon Says Stamp
- Royal Purple, Peacock, Sea Glass, Leaf Green, Mint, Lavender and white.
I cut out each 6 piece panel once in each color and a solid hex from each color as well.
Notice, that the colors change in order slightly with each tile. If you want them all the same, then you need to cut out 6 of each color.
I really like the 6 panel for the play on colors.
Line the pieces up down the left side of the 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Hammermill 100# white and trim the top and bottom ones slightly.
Attach this to a top folding A2 sized Peacock card base for the added punch of the border color to tie the card together. (just like binding on a quilt).
Finally, a few sequins for simple embellishment.
The Hooray sentiment is cut three times and stacked before gluing onto the card and I used the preprinted reverse birthday sentiment strips for the black sentiment.
Visit my PDF Gallery for 250+ more card ideas
used for the Simon Says Stamp Hexagon Tiles card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– There are a ton of year end sales on today – Check them out here