Hi stamping friends, welcome back. Today I’m creating with another item from the new Simon Says Stamp Fresh Bloom Release – the Simon Says Stamp Triangle Element Die. I had a lot of fun with this angled die, there are so many things you can do with it. I water colored it, spritzed it, stacked it, inlaid it….so I have tons of pieces for future cards, but today I’m going to share the simple white die cut with inlays, because I had this awesome Distress Oxide background to put it on.
I decided with this cut, it would be fun to pop a few of the pieces back into the outline, (Inlaid technique) to add some “weight” to the image.
Tips & Tricks for the Triangle Elements Card:
- I started with a card front of Neenah Solar White 80# card stock and blended Peacock Feathers and Broken China Distress Oxide over it using the Ranger Mini Blending Tools. I stared from opposite corners and working in overlapping at the center. I shared a Oxide Blending Video here.
- Distress Oxides are activated with water, so splatting some drops on, and then wicking them up with a paper towel, removes some of the ink, giving it the “distressed” look
- Next I used my Big Shot to cut my Stitched Rectangle Wafer Dies to die cut a stitched edge to frame the piece before attaching it to my Neenah Solar White 110# A2 card base.
- I die cut the Triangle Element 3 times, stacking them and gluing them together before inserting a few of the pieces back in and attaching to my card front.
- I needed a sentiment: I’m currently in love with this Hero Arts Smile – Stamp & Cut set. You get the large word as a die cut, and then a selection of smaller words to go with it than you can stamp or emboss onto strips. I die cut the big word from Simon Says Stamp black card stock , and embossed the smaller words in White on a black strip and then tucked a strip of the Tonic Silver Silk paper under it for some bling.
- My final embellishment is a salting of silver sequins to match my Silver Silk paper.
Stacking Dies and gluing them together also adds some dimension to this simple card. For more card ideas from the Fresh Bloom Release, you can see my Filigree Bunny card here, my Blossoming Tree here, and the lovely Pretty Peony Background card here.
Click the button above to download a free PDF for today’s card, and visit my PDF Gallery for more great card ideas.
Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to check out the new releases on the Simon Says Stamp site.
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
for the Simon Says Stamp Triangle Element Card: