I just receive an order from Hero Arts and it included the lovely – Beautiful Day Agapanthus Stamp Set. I decided to use it with a Distress Oxide Inks Simple Blended Background.
Update, unfortunately, this stamp is retired at Hero Arts so in the supply list below I have linked another that would be perfect for this technique.
I’m also jumping into a challenge today over on the “A Blog named Hero” site and their challenge this week is “embossing”.
This stamp is so pretty, I love the delicate art work, and that I can use it as an outline as I’m doing here today, or I could stamp and colour it too – don’t you love a stamp that provides double duty? Along with being a challenge entry, this card also qualifies for my “10 Minutes or Less” cards Yeah! it’s fast and easy with a big WOW in the color category.
This is also a Distress Oxide ink Blended Background – check out more Card Making Backgrounds Ideas here.
Tips and Tricks for the Distress Oxide Inks Simple Blended Background Cards:
- Start by sponging Distress Oxide Inks: Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade all over the card front with Ranger Mini Blending Tools. For the blue card in the video, I used Twisted Citron, Peacock Feather and Salty Ocean.
- Next use a heat tool to dry the ink really well. Rub the surface with the Ranger Anti-static pouch, before stamping the Beautiful Day Agapanthus stamp in VersaMark Embossing Ink, covered it with White Detailed Embossing powder, shake off the excess and heat set with the heat tool.
- Turn the art piece around and do the other end – same steps.
- Final step – stamp the two single flowers in the center portion and embossed them as well.
Adding the Sentiment:
- Heat embossed the sentiment onto a scrap of Hero Hues Pitch Black card stock and trim to fit.
- Finally, attach the art piece to the Hero Hues Pitch Black mat and then use foam tape to attach it to my white A2 sized card base.
I’ve created a FREE PDF download to share with you today with a picture, the product list and card stock cuts.
click the button below to download it and print/save it. Don’t forget to visit my FREE PDF Gallery – for more great card ideas.
CARD MAKING VIDEO – Distress Oxide Inks Simple Blended Background #1
Never Miss a Post – Subscribe to my blog posts.
Visit my Card Making PDF Gallery for 350+ more card ideas
Card Making Supplies used for the Distress Oxide Inks Simple Blended Background :
Here are the products I used today. Compensated affiliate links used where available at no cost to you.
When you click on a thumbnail link and shop you are supporting my website allowing me to continue bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you.
– LOTS of great Paper Crafting Sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here
Shop my Favorite Brands