Sandi MacIver – Papercraft Artist – Simple Hero Arts – Mum Stem Card
Hi stamping friends and welcome back. I have a fun post for you today – Simple Hero Arts – Mum Stem Card – and some exciting news….This is my first post as a member of the A Blog Named Hero Design Team – wahooo!….I’m old haha, so I have been stamping for over 30 days and Hero Arts was one of the very first companies I purchased stamps from way back then, and I would always order their catalogues and drool over all the products and ideas too…..so it’s pretty mind blowing to me to now be a member of this amazing group.
Our challenge theme for April is CAS (Clean and Simple Cards).
Clean and simple cards are often hard for me, I like to play with all my products, haha…but I think I mastered it for today’s share.
You know me and flowers, LOVE them, and Hero Arts has an amazing selection of flower stamps with coordinating dies so I’m using the Mum Stem Stamp & Die set for my share today.
TIPS & TRICKS for Today’s Hero Arts – Mum Stem Card:
- I started by die cutting two stitched rectangle layers using the Simon Says Stitched Rectangles Dies, one in Dove White and One in Kiwi.
- I placed the Hero Arts Diamond Stencil over the Dove White one and used my LIFE CHANGING BRUSHES to sponge Tide Pool and Green Apple ink over part of the background
- I stamped the mum image in Hero Hues – Black Dye Ink onto a piece of Ranger watercolor paper and then used the Daniel Smith Watercolor Hero Arts Palette to colour my image.
- TIP – Hero Hues – Black Dye Ink is great for stamping sentiments, colored pencils, water coloring, basically everything but Copics. If you need a good base black ink, this is it. It also dries quickly, gives a nice crisp image and the ink pad is super juicy.
Daniel Smith watercolors are amazing, super pigmented with an awesome color selection. This Hero arts Palette card is also amazing. There is a blob of paint above each name/number, and you simple wet it with a brush and pick up the colour. I use an acrylic stamp handle to add some water to my paint before painting my images and for blending.
- Once my image is dry, I used my die cutting machine to cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Then I used Hero Arts White Embossing powder to heat emboss a sentiment onto a small piece of Pitch black card.
- I used Precision glue to attach the Kiwi card panel to the Dove White Card Base.
- I added Foam Tape to the back of the stenciled panel before attaching it to the center of the card.
- I added small pieces of foam tape to the back of my flower and sentiment and added them.
- Finally, I embellished with 3 irridized sequins from the Hero Hues Sequins – Seashore Sequin Mix.
Click the button below for a FREE PDF Download for Today’s Card and check out my FREE PDF Gallery for more fun card ideas.
Here are the team members participating in today’s challenge
That’s it for today’s share, be sure to check out – AND SUBSCRIBE to A BLOG Named HERO – for more great card ideas from the other Designers too – and it’s a challenge blog, so create a clean and simple card and Load it to the challenge page.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
for the Hero Arts – Simple Hero Arts Mum Stem Card: