Hi crafty friends, hope you are having a great week so far. Today I’m sharing Snowflake Season Shaker Cards. Products used today were part of the January Snowflake Seasons Card kit from Simon Says Stamp which sold out almost instantly, but the individual items from the kit are still available over at Simon and I’ve added the links at the end of this post for you.
I made Shaker Birthday cards today and Simon has a couple of die sets that make creating the front frame super easy.
Use the largest Stitched Rectangle Waffer Die as the outside cutting plate, and the second largest of the A2 Thin Frames Dies for the inside cut.
Tape both to the white card stock at the same time and run them through the Die Cutting machine once. It provides a nice clean cut and a beautiful stitched detail around the edge.
How to create the Snowflake Season Shaker Cards:
- For ease in heat embossing all the beautiful snowflakes, I used my Misti.
- Place the 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries patterned paper on the left side and use a pencil to trace a line around it.
- Add all the snowflake stamps around the edge of the paper. Close the Misti lid so the stamps stick to it.
- Open the lid, use the VersaMark Ink Pad and white embossing powder to stamp and emboss the images around the paper.
This makes it super easy to mass produce a bunch of these cards in a very short period of time.
Attach these to a top folding A2 white card base (4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2)
To create the shaker portion of the card:
- Next, turn the frame die cut over to the back, add white glue around the entire thing, and lay in a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of clear acetate. Place an acrylic stamping block on top until it dries.
- Once the glue is dry, add strips of Foam tape around the entire frame (also on the back).
- Place the card base on your work surface and pour the Unicorn Confetti and Sequins into the center of the card
- Finally, remove the protective cover from the foam tape strips, and attach that frame to the card front. Press down to secure the tape all the way around before you shake the card.
- Die cut the Eliza Snowflake die out of the Silver Holographic Copper Design card stock and use white glue to attach to the card front.
- Cut a sentiment strip from the CZ Designs Sentiment Strips Reverse Birthday cards and attach with foam squares.
- Finally, add a large Jewel to the center of the Eliza Snowflake
For the Shaker Guts:
- Take all the white and clear pieces out of the Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Party Sequin Mix for the base.
- Add a few colored sequins from April Showers, Lilac Bloom and Girls Best Friend Sequin Mixes along with about a 1/4 teaspoon of Unicorn Confetti into each.
There you go, beautiful Shaker cards for all your winter celebrations, just change out the sentiment to suit your needs.
Visit my PDF Gallery for 250+ more card ideas
used for the Simon Says Stamp Snowflake Season Shaker Cards:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
- Follow me on INSTAGRAM
- Join 37,000+ following me on PINTEREST
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Check out my FREE PDF Gallery for over 200+ Card Tutorials
- How to make a SLIMLINE CARD
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here
<<<<Click to shop through me at my favorite brands
Jane Sprando says
Sandi, I love your cards, but today I LOVE this snowflake shaker card!!!!! It is fabulous!!!
Question: in the first direction under the Misti picture, you wrote this: “ Add all the snowflake DIES around the edge of the paper. Close the Misti lid so the stamps stick to it.”. Did you man STAMPPS and not dies?
Do you have a PDF for this card? Your PDF’s are so handy because people my iPad doesn’t always work in my craft room.
Hi Jane, yes it was supposed to be stamps, thanks for saving my bacon, I changed it.
I actually didn’t do a PDf for this one sorry, we are in the middle of a move and I just didn’t have the time to do the post and write it out but I think I shared all the measurements in the post, you could cut and paste them to a word document and print that off
Amy Koenders says
Wow!!! Those are stunning Sandi! The foil snowflakes with the beautiful backgrounds are perfect for winter birthdays. 🙂
thanks so much Amy, it really is a fabulous kit
Gorgeous set of cards, Sandi! Those colours!
Thanks so much Bonnie, this kit has the best paper in it ever
Amy Donohue says
WHAT A GREAT CARD!!!! Thank you so much. I can’t wait to try this!!!
thank you Amy, hope you will, super easy to make and so fun to play with
Natasha Vacca says
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! These are STUNNING! You inspired me with these! I amy have to do a shaker with these papers now!
STUNNING! Good luck with your move!
Thank you Natasha, that paper is just fabulous and perfect for shaker cards