Hi crafty Friends, welcome back. Yesterday I was featured over on the Spellbinders blog with the New Jane Davenport Glorious Mermaids so I thought I would share the cards with you here today. This new release includes six new stamp sets and I’m using the two mermaid sets to create my inspiration shares with you today.
As an ocean sign myself, these lovely mermaids just spoke to me. I got out my Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers and Bright Watercolor palette and went to town. Mermaid Markers are watercolor pens with a paintbrush tip that easily applies watercolor where ever you touch. They are fabulous to work with and much less mess than full on watercolors. They also come in a beautiful selection of colors.
How to create the Spellbinders Glorious Mermaids card:
- For both cards start by white heat embossing the waves stamp across the bottom of watercolor paper. This size is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″.
- Use the Mermaid Markers to color the water. I used: Siren, Deep Sea and Bluebottle using the wet on wet technique of wetting the paper first and then starting to add colors before blending them with a clean watercolor brush.
- To Color the sky, add just Bluebottle ink and really water it down with a clean wet brush.
- Once the piece is dry, mat it with a piece of Pretty Pansy Fusion Card 4″ x x 5-1/4″ and then a A2 top folding card base of Pool Play.
- The Mermaid is black heat embossed onto watercolor paper and also colored with the Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers. Once she is dry, fussy cut her out and add her with small pieces of foam squares.
- Color some of the cut Rhinestones with alcohol markers in similar colors to coordinate.
Spellbinders Jane Davenport Singing Mermaids Card:
- The second stamp set is Jane Davenports Singing Mermaids and there are two sets of mermaids plus a sentiment. They are smaller so I decided they would fit perfectly on a Slimline Card.
- Cut the watercolor paper at 3″ x 8″ and then white heat emboss the waves 2/3 the way up the card
- Watercolor with the Jane Davenport Bright Palette Watercolors paints and set aside to dry
- On a separate piece of watercolor paper black heat emboss both the mermaid stamps and watercolor them with the Mermaid Markers (brighter colors than the watercolor paints).
- When dry, fussy cut them out.
- Mat the background with a piece of Watermelon Fusion cardstock 3-1/8″ x 8-1/8″ and then mount this to a side folding Pool Party Card 7″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 3-1/2″.
- The mermaids are again added with small pieces of foam tape to add dimension to the card, and more colored rhinestones finish off the embellishing.
- Add the sentiment white heat embossed onto a scrap of Black Licorice card.
I hope I have inspired you to get your watercoloring on and give these beautiful ladies some love. Thank you to Spellbinders for the opportunity to guest design for you.
used for the Spellbinders Jane Davenport Glorious Mermaids:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here