Hey card making friends welcome back. I have been playing for the past couple of days with the new Spellbinders October Small Die of the Month. I just love it when this parcel arrives in my mailbox each month. The dies are always fabulous, new ideas that I just can’t wait to play with and this month is no exception. I keep saying every month, “this is my favorite”, haha, and this month it is again!
GIVE AWAY – I have a Small Die of the Month to give away today. Check out the end of the post for details.
The set has a beautiful leaf corner die, the extender (top and bottom of the center of the black card), large leaves and small leaves die and three sentiments. The versatility of this set is so amazing,
I couldn’t decide which one of my ideas to play with first, LOL….So I started by cutting a bunch of leaves and watercoloring them with my Mermaid Markers. You can also color them with Copic Markers, or what ever your favorite medium is.
Spellbinders October Small Die of the Month – Black Card
- Start by die cutting the corner image four times and the extender twice from copper foil card stock
- Cut the large leaves 4 times and watercolor them with the Mermaid Markers: I used a combo of Seaweed, Jellyfish, Pirate’s gold and Starfish for both the cards. For this one I just used the red and yellow (starfish and Pirate’s Gold).
- Use white glue to attach them to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 black base. Start in one corner and work your way around. You will need to trim a bit once you are finished as the background starts larger than the die cuts.
- Use the white glue to attach the watercolor leaves.
- Cut the sentiment 4 times: once from watercolor paper and three times from black cardstock. Watercolor the first one and when dry, stack them all to create a nice sturdy and tall sentiment for the center of the card.
- Attach to a top folding A2 card base.
- Embellish with Nuvo Crystal Drops – Copper Penny.
Spellbinders October Small Die of the Month Square Card – Card 2
- Cut for of the corner dies from watercolor paper and watercolor them with the Mermaid Markers.
- When dry, mount them to a 4″ x 4″ square piece of Oatmeal Cookie cardstock then mat to a 4-1/4″ square Black Licorice card.
- Finally, mount to a top folding 5″ square card base in white.
- Cut a vellum circle for the center of the card and attach the Copper Die cut sentiment
- Embellish with a few colored leaves and copper colored Sequins.
There are numerous ways to get the Small Die of the month club and I have linked them below.
If you live in Canada, I would recommend this deal: Glimmer ‘n Cut Value Club – includes the glimmer foil of the month along with the Small and Large Die of the month club. It is heavy discounted as a bundle and you save with one shipping fee. It also ships by FedEx and is usually here within 4 days.
Yana Has a fun Video for this die of the month club Set
Leave a comment on this post answering this question: What’s your favorite size of card to make for the holidays?
Random Draw on October 15th, and winner will be announced in my blog post that day. Draw open to all countries.
used for the Simon Says Stamp Lifting hearts card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here