Hi card making friends. Today I’m sharing a card created with the Dare 2B Artzy Penguin Fun stamp set and it’s a blog hop between their design team and our Misti – My Sweet Petunia design team so we have tons of inspiration to share with you.
Leave a Comment
For a chance to win one of two $20.00 Gift Cards from My Sweet Petunia (Misti) and Dare 2 B Artsy.
If you need some retail therapy today (who doesn’t, LOL), Dare 2 B Artsy is also offering a 10% Discount on all non Sale Items placed between 10/29 and 11/8, using CODE: FALL10.
Ok, let’s dive into the card for today – I have created a PDF Download for you at the end of this post with bullet point instructions to complete the card, cutting measurements and a complete supply list.
I chose this adorable Penguin Fun Stamp and Die set because I LOVE penguins. They are always so fun and these little fellows are a blast to color too. I used my copic markers to quickly color them and I list the colors in the PDF at the end of the post for you.
I also decided to do a Slimline Card, as they afford additional real estate to create on allowing me to place all three of these little fellows onto one card.
Visit my How to Create a SLIMLINE CARD page for additional info on SLIMLINE CARDS
How to create the Dare 2B Artzy Penguin Fun Card:
- For the background, blend Distress Oxide inks in Broken China and Blueprint Sketch.
- Next, use the Simon Says Stamp Large Falling Snow Stencil and Picket Fence Studios Snowdrop White Paper Glace to create the snow. The Glaze dries with a beautiful sheen to it, resembling shiny bright snowflakes.
- The snowbank is created with the Trinity Stamps Slimline Series Scenic Border die set. Pop it into the Misti to stamp the sentiment on the left side before gluing it to the front panel.
- Place a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 piece of Neenah Solar White 80# card into the Misti and add all of the stamps
- Stamp them in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink and then color them with Copic Markers
- Next, die cut the images out with the coordinating Penguin Dies and add foam squares to the back.
How to create the Slimline Card Base:
- The actual card base is Neenah Solar white 110# card, 8 x 9, scored and folded at 4
- Next, cut the Scalloped Slimline die from Trinity Stamp from Simon’s Audrey Blue card and then attach the Art piece to the center of it.
- Finally, dry fit all the pieces onto the card front and use a gray C2 copic marker to add shadows before permanently attaching all the images.
And there you have it, a penguin Slimline Card.
I hope you enjoyed my share today and now it’s time to hop along and check out what the gang has created for you, the next stop along the hop is the Dare 2B Artsy Blog
used for the Dare 2 B Artsy Penguin Fun Card card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here