Hi Stamping friends and welcome back, I hope the sun is shining where you are. My share today is Hero Arts Peonies Congratulations for our new Challenge theme this month over at A Blog Named Hero. I hope you will create a card and play along with us too.
We are celebrating Hero’s Arts amazing 45th year in business.…whoot whoot, now there’s a reason to celebrate.
I don’t actually have a stamp from Hero Arts that says Celebrate, (I’ll have to fix that haha), so I went with Congratulations mostly because I really wanted to paint this new set I just received called Peonies Die Combo….Isn’t that flower just fabulous? Something else that is fabulous are the Liquid Watercolors from Hero Arts – Have you tried them yet? They Rock. I have had a love affair with Hero Arts flower stamps for at least a decade now, so it’s only fitting I would choose one of their new flower stamp/die sets to celebrate their amazing anniversary.
Hero Arts Peonies Celebration – Blue Card:
- Stamp the image in VersaMark Ink onto watercolor paper. Cover with Black embossing powder, shake off excess and heat set.
- Wet the entire flower with water and then gently touch the brush to paper with the liquid watercolors. I used Indigo, Deep Ocean and Teal.
- Set aside to dry.
- I grabbed a bigger piece of watercolor paper, probably 4 x 6, wet the entire thing and added Teal, Leaf, Dandelion and Moss liquid watercolors and blended it.
- Let it dry, then I stamped the leaf images in Deep Ocean and Emerald Green before using the coordinating die to cut them out.
- I gold embossed the leaf pattern on the Pitch Black card front in three different places around where I was going to attach the flower – for a bit of “background noise”
- And finally, For the sentiment, I used Gold embossing powder on a scrap of black card stock.
For the leaves:
I combined the Teal, Leaf, Dandelion and Moss liquid watercolor on a wet piece of watercolor paper (about 4 x 6 inches). When it was dry I stamped them in Emerald Green and Deep Ocean Ink before cutting them out with the coordinating die.
Hero Arts Peonies Celebration – Pink Card:
- Basically the same steps as above, but I used the Strawberry and Pink Liquid Watercolors for the flowers.
- The background starts with a piece of the Dove White card stock cut at 4 x 5-1/4. The sentiment is stamped on an angle repeatedly across the entire card front.
- For the sentiment I used White Embossing Powder to keep the black and white theme going.
Hero Arts Peonies Congratulations – Yellow flower
- For the third card I started by stenciling the background with the Rain Dance Stencil and Soft Granite ink from Hero Arts.
- The flower is done with Dandelion and Orange Liquid Watercolors and the leaves are the same as the blue flower card.
- I decided on a gold embossed Sentiment for this one.
Want to win all three cards? Simply leave a comment on my blog here. I’ll do a random draw on Sunday and announce the winner on my Business Facebook Page here
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the Hero Arts Peonies Celebration Cards: