Hi stamping friends and welcome back. Today I have 4 Ruffled Poinsettia Christmas Cards to share with you in my 2019 Christmas Card Countdown Series – you can view the other videos in the series here:
I was ordering some stamping supplies online recently from Simon Says Stamp, you know, staples that you run out of from time to time, and I like to check the “what’s new” section and see if there isn’t a little something I can treat myself with…..well, that day I fell in love with the Memory Box Ruffled Poinsettia die. So here are a few cards I created with it and a quick little video showing supplies I used.
The Memory Box Ruffled Poinsettia die cuts the outline of the image s well as the inside. This makes it super easy to have a gold outline, and white inside (Or whatever two colors you wish to use).
I simply cut one out of white and one out of gold mirror card stock and then set the white pieces in, using a bit of tape on the back.
Ruffled Poinsettia Card #1:
- I started by using Nuvo Expanding Mousse in Worn Linen through the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Foliage Stencil to create a subtle background.
- Next I cut out two poinsettias, one in gold, one in white, and piece them back together placing foam tape on the back of the pieces.
- I gold heat embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Inside Christmas Greetings onto a small piece of White card stock and matted it in Gold Mirror.
- I attached all the pieces to the card front with foam tape and added a few gold sequins from the Simon Says Stamp Treasure Chest collection.
Ruffled Poinsettia Card #2:
- This time my card base is Simon Says Stamp Fog (a pretty gray). I treated myself to another Memory Box die set – Stylish Frame Trio, and cut one each in gold and silver for the base.
- I again cut the poinsettia twice and pieced it back together to create the flowers and leaves, plus this time, I used a few of the gold leaf inserts.
- For the background branches in Silver and white, I used the Simon Says Stamp Fern Square die and just cut the fern out of the square (see it in the video).
- Before placing the pieces onto the card, I splatted a bit of white paint across the cards surface.
Ruffled Poinsettia Card #3:
- When you are cutting out all the poinsettias and using the gold border piece, you have all the white border pieces left over. Not wanting to waste these beautiful cut outs, I glued them to a card front to create a coordinating background. Use the leaves and the poinsettia pieces to quickly fill in the entire background.
- TIP – I dipped a small piece of sponge into my glue to dab on the back of these skinny pieces so I didn’t have glue oozing out all over the place, haha.
- The create another gold and white poinsettia to attach and another sentiment from the Inside Christmas Greetings stamp set.
Ruffled Poinsettia Card #4:
- For the final card, I used the SSS stitched Circles and Stitched Rectangles dies for the white card front and attach it with foam tape before adding my two toned poinsettia.
- I cut a couple more ferns just to add some “background noise” inside the circle.
- This time I white heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of gold mirror card stock.
Here’s a quick video showing you how I made the cards.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.