Hi stamping friends I’m jumping into a challenge today over on the “A Blog named Hero” site and their challenge this week is “embossing”.
I just receive an order from them and it included the lovely Hero Arts – Beautiful Day Agapanthus Stamp Set…can you say LOVE!
This stamp is so pretty, I love the delicate art work, and that I can use it as an outline as I’m doing here today, or I could stamp and colour it too – don’t you love a stamp that provides double duty? Along with being a challenge entry, this card also qualifies for my “10 Minutes or Less” cards Yeah! it’s fast and easy with a big WOW in the colour category.
Tips and Tricks for the Hero Arts – Beautiful Day Agapanthus Card:
- I started by sponging Distress Oxide Inks: Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade all over the card front with my Ranger Mini Blending Tools. For the blue card in the video, I used Twisted Citron, Peacock Feather and Salty Ocean.
- Next I used my heat tool to dry the ink really well, rubbed the surface with my Ranger Anti-static pouch, before stamping the Beautiful Day Agapanthus stamp in VersaMark Embossing Ink, covered it with White Detailed Embossing powder, shook off the excess and heat set with my heat tool.
- I turned the art piece around and did the other end – same step changing up how I stamped the image.
- Final step – I stamped the two single flowers in the center portion and embossed them as well.
- I heat embossed the sentiment onto a scrap of Hero Hues Pitch Black card stock and trimmed it to fit.
- I attached my art piece to the Hero Hues Pitch Black mat and then used foam tape to attach it to my Dove White Top Folding card base.
I’ve created a FREE PDF download to share with you today with a picture, the product list and card stock cuts.
click the button below to download it and print/save it. Don’t forget to visit my FREE PDF Gallery – for more great card ideas.
And here’s today’s video walking you through creating this card. if you are reading this in an e-mail you may need to CLICK HERE” to view the video on my blog, or watch it in HD on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. We would love to see your stamping projects over on our Stamp to Share Facebook Group – just request to join and I’ll approve you.
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
for the Hero Arts Beautiful Day Agapanthus Card: